Sunday, March 14, 2010

Estranged Identity Demon: Condemnation

Condemnation:

Actor: Lauren H. Snoodgrass

Costume colors: Black dress with copper/orange hooded cloak

Hair:

I am not quite sure whether or not my preferred style for Condemnation will work or not. I think that it looks really cool, but getting her bangs hidden and getting the curls to work right may be a challenge depending on how her hair tends to behave. The first style is my preferred one, the second style is more of an "if option one doesn't work out" sort of idea in my opinion.

  • Wire Curls:



How-to: The pictures don't show nearly as much detail as I'd like but what I'm thinking we would do is pull Condemnation's hair back (but leave small strands all around her hairline loose) into a very smooth bun that pinned down as much as possible so the bump doesn't show too much. Then we would take all the loose strands and curl them into ringlets and then hairspray them to stick out at odd angles all around her head and hanging over her face.
  • Messy Curls:


How to: If we ended up using this option it would be pretty simple. Lauren already has curly hair so probably all we would need to do is tease it and pin it here and there.

Makeup:

Before beginning this look I want to re-draw her eyebrows higher arched and evil looking. We will do this by the glue stick method found on the first video below. The second tutorial video shows the concept we will be using for her makeup well (Heads-up: She talks at the beginning but once the tutorial begins there is inappropriate music. I would suggest turning the sound off). This look will be done in black and orange Kryolan (wet based makeup). We can play with what looks best. I'm thinking black for smoke aroud eye, we could line her eye in orange and some how lightlight/outline the pointed shape around eye. Other highlight ideas are welcome. I had thought of adding a tear down her check from one of the lower points but if it doesn't look right we can take it off. Lips should have a hint of copper/red/orange color outlined in black liner. The look will be completed with these angled black lashes.









No comments: